> Network Engineering
Cybersecurity or information technology security (IT security) is the protection of computer systems and networks from information disclosure, theft of, or damage to their hardware, software, or electronic data, as well as from the disruption or misdirection of the services they provide.
Common cyber threats include:
- Malware, such as ransomware, botnet software, RATs (remote access Trojans), rootkits and bootkits, spyware, Trojans, viruses, and worms.
- Backdoors, which allow remote access.
- Formjacking, which inserts malicious code into online forms.
- Cryptojacking, which installs illicit cryptocurrency mining software.
- DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attacks, which flood servers, systems, and networks with traffic to knock them offline.
- DNS (domain name system) poisoning attacks, which compromise the DNS to redirect traffic to malicious sites.